Now the hard part....lunch and dinner meals. It is so hard for us especially at dinner because Bryan, Me or Zoe get home during the week until 6:30 and Zoe goes to bed at 8-8:30 because we get her up at 6:00Am...poor baby. We try and feed her by 7 at night which only leaves 30 minutes to prepare her meals. So far no meals have been prepared for her other than carrots, squash or green beans. I really need some suggestions on what we could feed her at lunch and for dinner. Right now we are still relying on baby food to do the job but she wants to eat whatever we are eating so I know she is ready for something more. This whole transition into solid foods has been rather mind boggling for me. Any advice from you Moms or Dads would be so much appreciated. What are some things I can feed her for lunch and dinner. She will be 1 year old in a week but unfortunately she still only has 2 teeth...poor baby. So we are still somewhat limited to what we can give her. I would love to hear your suggestions and thank you for your help.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Think I have breakfast down pat but.....
Mini pancakes (check), mini waffles (check), cereal (check), oatmeal (check), fruit (check), yogurt (check), toast (check) and I could go on and on. Too bad you can't type a check mark rather than having to spell out the word. I think I have breakfast foods down pat for Zoe, that was a no brainer seeing how I could eat breakfast food 24-7 myself! Ha I even have snacks pretty much down pat. We are in the process of weaning from her bottles, very slowly but we are weaning. I am in no rush for this. I am letting her do this at her own speed. Why the rush right?
Now the hard part....lunch and dinner meals. It is so hard for us especially at dinner because Bryan, Me or Zoe get home during the week until 6:30 and Zoe goes to bed at 8-8:30 because we get her up at 6:00Am...poor baby. We try and feed her by 7 at night which only leaves 30 minutes to prepare her meals. So far no meals have been prepared for her other than carrots, squash or green beans. I really need some suggestions on what we could feed her at lunch and for dinner. Right now we are still relying on baby food to do the job but she wants to eat whatever we are eating so I know she is ready for something more. This whole transition into solid foods has been rather mind boggling for me. Any advice from you Moms or Dads would be so much appreciated. What are some things I can feed her for lunch and dinner. She will be 1 year old in a week but unfortunately she still only has 2 teeth...poor baby. So we are still somewhat limited to what we can give her. I would love to hear your suggestions and thank you for your help.
Now the hard part....lunch and dinner meals. It is so hard for us especially at dinner because Bryan, Me or Zoe get home during the week until 6:30 and Zoe goes to bed at 8-8:30 because we get her up at 6:00Am...poor baby. We try and feed her by 7 at night which only leaves 30 minutes to prepare her meals. So far no meals have been prepared for her other than carrots, squash or green beans. I really need some suggestions on what we could feed her at lunch and for dinner. Right now we are still relying on baby food to do the job but she wants to eat whatever we are eating so I know she is ready for something more. This whole transition into solid foods has been rather mind boggling for me. Any advice from you Moms or Dads would be so much appreciated. What are some things I can feed her for lunch and dinner. She will be 1 year old in a week but unfortunately she still only has 2 teeth...poor baby. So we are still somewhat limited to what we can give her. I would love to hear your suggestions and thank you for your help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













My girls are just a bit older than Zoe, but we started slowly with them and tonight, they had chicken casserole, brussles sprouts, and blackberries for dinner - last night it was spaghetti and peas. One guideline I try to use for mealtimes is a fruit, veggie, protien (meat), dairy, and grain at every meal. We introduced meats very slowly as I am not a huge meat eater, but things like steamed veggies, fresh fruits, small cubes of cheese, yogurt, avocado (a big favorite), baked sweet potatoes, and plain pasta were their first table foods.
ReplyDeleteFor the past several months, the girls pretty much have eaten everything we eat, just sliced and diced into tiny pieces. Try www.nurture-baby.com. I used a lot of their recipies in the beginning.
Our schedule is earlier than yours, but we still have the time crunch. I am home by 5:00, the girls eat at 5:30 and are in bed between 6:30-7:00, so I know what you mean about not having time to prepare meals, but I will tell you it helps a ton that we eat the same foods - I don't make Anna Claire and Mallory a "special" meal. I cook a lot on the weekends and freeze things and use my crock pot two-three times a week which saves tons of time once I am home from work. Hope this helps some.
Pastas cook quickly for dinner and should be soft enough for her to chew/gum in her mouth w/out choking. I think when my first daughter, Keely, was around that age(and still didn't have many teeth either) we fed her mostly stage 3 jarred baby food and then little bits of whatever we ate. It was just easier then, and at least we knew she was getting some sort of nutrition and something in her tummy. I think you're doing well. It is hard when you want them in bed so early, but it feels like you get home so late. Then there is zero time to do anything!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteJust thought I would offer a gramma's suggestion!
I am Madi's (Madi's Mended Heart) Gramma, and she LOVES scrambled egg yolk! Egg yolk is fine for babies but not the white. It's a great source of protein for them and it is really easy to gum. Madi doesn't really like meat so, this is a good alternative. I save the white for us older folks breakfast!!
Gramma TJC
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!! I am going to try some of them this weekend.
ReplyDelete