Actually this happened last night but it is still very fresh on my mind today and when I say fresh, I mean I can still smell the smell on my nose. What are you talking about you ask, ok well here goes. For dinner last night we fed Zoe, sweet potatoes and bananas in the jar. Then she had half a piece of cheese torn up into small bits but she ate all of it. Then we decided we would let her try meat for the first time. That's right folks, good ole pork roast. She tried one itty bitty bite of pork, gagged a couple of times and threw up everything she had just eaten. Luckily she had a big with the food catcher pocket on at the time so it caught the throw up but man did it stink. I still have that smell in my nose. Poor baby right? That is what we thought. We thought ok, she is probably going to drink a big bottle tonight before bed, wrong. She drank 3 0z and crashed, slept all night long. I thought, ok, she is going to be hungry this morning, wrong, she drank 2 oz and wanted nothing more to do with her bottle. Crazy. This kid is super petite. I am very frustrated with the solid feeding, finger food feeding. She likes nothing we have tried yet and we are no closer in teaching her to eat on her own. Any advice from all of you Mommies? I am just going to keep continuing to put things in front of her for her to try, I mean what elses can I do? Hopefully she will start getting use to the texture of the food and start enjoying "big girl" eating sooner rather than later. I keep second guessing myself and worrying that I am not doing something right!!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wrinkle Free Thursday
I was hoping to have a wrinkle free Thursday, this means my day is absolutely perfect, no wrinkles in my plans but Zoe had other ideas.
Actually this happened last night but it is still very fresh on my mind today and when I say fresh, I mean I can still smell the smell on my nose. What are you talking about you ask, ok well here goes. For dinner last night we fed Zoe, sweet potatoes and bananas in the jar. Then she had half a piece of cheese torn up into small bits but she ate all of it. Then we decided we would let her try meat for the first time. That's right folks, good ole pork roast. She tried one itty bitty bite of pork, gagged a couple of times and threw up everything she had just eaten. Luckily she had a big with the food catcher pocket on at the time so it caught the throw up but man did it stink. I still have that smell in my nose. Poor baby right? That is what we thought. We thought ok, she is probably going to drink a big bottle tonight before bed, wrong. She drank 3 0z and crashed, slept all night long. I thought, ok, she is going to be hungry this morning, wrong, she drank 2 oz and wanted nothing more to do with her bottle. Crazy. This kid is super petite. I am very frustrated with the solid feeding, finger food feeding. She likes nothing we have tried yet and we are no closer in teaching her to eat on her own. Any advice from all of you Mommies? I am just going to keep continuing to put things in front of her for her to try, I mean what elses can I do? Hopefully she will start getting use to the texture of the food and start enjoying "big girl" eating sooner rather than later. I keep second guessing myself and worrying that I am not doing something right!!
Actually this happened last night but it is still very fresh on my mind today and when I say fresh, I mean I can still smell the smell on my nose. What are you talking about you ask, ok well here goes. For dinner last night we fed Zoe, sweet potatoes and bananas in the jar. Then she had half a piece of cheese torn up into small bits but she ate all of it. Then we decided we would let her try meat for the first time. That's right folks, good ole pork roast. She tried one itty bitty bite of pork, gagged a couple of times and threw up everything she had just eaten. Luckily she had a big with the food catcher pocket on at the time so it caught the throw up but man did it stink. I still have that smell in my nose. Poor baby right? That is what we thought. We thought ok, she is probably going to drink a big bottle tonight before bed, wrong. She drank 3 0z and crashed, slept all night long. I thought, ok, she is going to be hungry this morning, wrong, she drank 2 oz and wanted nothing more to do with her bottle. Crazy. This kid is super petite. I am very frustrated with the solid feeding, finger food feeding. She likes nothing we have tried yet and we are no closer in teaching her to eat on her own. Any advice from all of you Mommies? I am just going to keep continuing to put things in front of her for her to try, I mean what elses can I do? Hopefully she will start getting use to the texture of the food and start enjoying "big girl" eating sooner rather than later. I keep second guessing myself and worrying that I am not doing something right!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













My 1st had a very strong gag reflex. He gagged and threw up EVERYDAY until he was almost 3. My 2nd loved any and all foods. She would eat whatever we put in front of her. My 3rd wants nothing to do with food. Well, I take that back.. he loves goldfish crackers but just about nothing else. But I keep putting the foods infront of him because I know once day he will catch on and start eating.
ReplyDeleteYukky, sorry to hear little zoe got sick! I hope she is feeling better soon. we are just getting started with baby food, i have tons to learn!
ReplyDelete