Friday, May 21, 2010

I have a question

Sleeping attire in the summer on a baby/toddler, what do I do? I've still had Zoe sleeping in pj pants, socks, t-shirts (short and Long) because she still does not know how to use her blanket other than cuddling with it or sleeping with it under her head. We keep the temperature set at 77 in the house but I still worry about her getting cold. I am afraid to let her sleep without socks because I don't want her little feet to get cold. Last night I went in to cover her up (at least I am using a thin blanket) and her little arms were like ice. Her room gets very hot by morning time though, she has two big windows that face the sun once it comes up that heats up her room quickly, trust me, I slept in her room the other night and about died from the heat in the morning time, very stuffy. So what do I do? Her room is cool at night but hot in the morning. How should I dress her? I don't want her to get cold but at the same time, I don't want her to be hot either. Decisions, Decisions. Any suggestions?

AND NO, I NEVER FELT SAFE ENOUGH TO PUT THE BUMPERS BACK IN HER CRIB. I WAS A SCARDY CAT. SHE IS SO USE TO THEM NOT BEING IN THERE NOW THAT THERE IS NO NEED.



12 comments:

  1. Bryce still wears his long jamies to sleep. 77! Girl, I would melt! We are such a warm natured family. She looked pretty darn comfy in those pics. If she gets hot most likely she would take off something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the Russians say that the warmer you are, the healthier you are! So I say if her room is cool at night that you dress her for that temperature...mabye leave the socks off? and cover her with a blanket. You definitely want her warm enough to get to sleep and start the night off right...very important for her and for you ;) She may not be as warm as you are in the morning either...

    When it gets into the summer months more, you could just put short sleeve jammies and sleep shorts on her or maybe a new pajama dress since she is walking...princesses are always nice :D

    You are a terrific Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, trust me, we sleep with the ceiling fan on full blast and a floor fan on low (we love the noise). I think I would melt at 77 as well!!
    Thanks for the advice Kristine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we put Lily to bed in PJ pants and tshirts... but last night it was warm out and i put her in just a onsie... she sweats in her sleep though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always used/use the Footie Pajamas from The Children's Place. They are light weight enough so they don't get hot, yet warm enough so they don't get cold. You don't have to worry about a blanket or socks with those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ry and Mad love sleeping in night gowns. They don't care how cold it is, lol. The baby usually sleeps in a onesie, or if it's really hot, just her dipe. Since I sleep with her, I'm there to make sure she's covered up. If it's chilly, I'll put some baby legs on her too.

    77 is blazin' girl! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh we keep our house at 73 degrees and CK's room FREEZES!!! I keep her in footed PJ's still because she kicks those blankets everywhere. She does have the "minky dot chenile" bumper pads and she cuddles with them when she gets cooler. If CK gets hot, she wakes up. She hates being hot. You are making a good choice girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, those pictures are so freaking cute! I wish I had the guts to take pictures of my kids while they slept...I'm deathly afraid of them waking up!

    Second, my kids are currently wearing shorts and t-shirts (no socks) and we're keeping it at 75 in here. The second floor is warmer and we use a ceiling fan in their room as well. I put the blanket on them, but it's always off when I go back in. She'll be fine...

    ReplyDelete
  9. man I wish I could help! I'm clueless right there with you! I'm having trouble finding pajamas for molly that are long sleeve! she was wearing the footie pjs but now it time to bump up to 12 months and i can't find them anymore! I think if you keep the house in the mid to high 70s she should be fine with or without a blanket and with or without socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't know me, but I stumbled across your blog...by the way, your daughter is precious. Those pictures are so cute. And I must say 77 is like a furnace to us! HA! But you would turn into an icicle @ our house. We keep it on 69 during the day and 68 @ night. Needless to say, my kids sleep in long-footed pajamas (fleece for my 2 yr old since he's in a twin bed and kicks off covers) and my 7 mth old sleeps in long-footed pajamas w/ a halo sleep sack. That was going to be my recommendation for you. They make them for up to 4-5 yr olds (I believe). Since your daughter is in a crib, you don't have to get the ones where they can walk in them, you can get the regular ones that cover that feet. It's a blanket that you can't kick off! It's sleeveless and you can get it in cotton up to fleece. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOODNESS!!! They do look a lot alike. I even showed my husband these pictures and he said, wow, that looks like Keegan! HA! It helps they both has gorgeous blonde hair and the same jammies. LOL! So funny that you said they are doing the same thing because reading this post I was thinking how Keegan's room is the exact same! I cover Keegan up at night but when I go to take her paci out before I go to bed that blanket is all wrapped up in her arms. So what I do now is put a very light one on her when I put her down and then when I go back up there I put the thicker one on her. Then when my husband wakes up in the morning, just before the sun comes up, he takes the thicker blanket off her. That usually works. SPOILED MUCH??? Once she is asleep for the night she doesn't move much, it's when she first goes down. Either way, good luck. I'm glad you found me! I will follow yours so we can stay in touch.
    Zoe is so precious!!!! How old is she exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  12. max sleeps with his hand the exact same way!!

    we are about to go pj shopping for bottoms that are shorts and tops that are short sleeved. hopefully if they get cold they'll figure out to cover up with their blankies!

    ReplyDelete