Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Swine Flu + me = Scared
Is anyone else afraid of this Swine Flu epidemic? I mean, it is on every news channel, radio stations are talking about it and I am starting to get scared. I'm not worried about me but I am however worried about Zoe. I have her scheduled for the regular flu shot in September but that won't cover the swine flu. I have taken a container of sanitizing wipes to school, they haven't used them yet that I know of, the container is still sitting where I left it. I am going to take a bottle of soap so that the teachers can wash the kids hands but what else can I do? I've asked the director what their plans are for the upcoming flu season and they have no real plan of action that I am aware of other than trying to keep toys, door knobs, etc sanitized and washing hands. Anyway, I am a worry wart as it is and the media is not helping, constantly saying that 30-50% will be infected with the Swine Flu this season. There has been confirmed cases in Auburn now where I am from and where my family all still live. My nephew and nieces all attend school in that area and all played with Zoe this weekend when she spent the weekend with my sister, scary. We will be in Auburn next weekend too. Am I being silly to worry, is there anything else I can do to try and prevent Zoe from getting this flu? Let me know your opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













hi tiffany! email me at hollyloo{at}gmail{dot}com and i'll send you the name of the school. i don't want to post it on the blog—just one more thing for this neurotic mama to worry about!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh..when I read the title I thought that YOU had swine flu! Whew! It freaks me out too considering there is a confirmed case at the high school right down the road from our house. Thank goodness the kiddos aren't in school right now or I'd be going crazy!
ReplyDeleteFor some reason my plus signs and equal signs didn't show up in my title for this post. Weird.
ReplyDeleteThe media is hyping this up like crazy. Try not to worry too much, mama!
ReplyDeleteI think the media is just over doing it, honestly. I am going to vax my kids for it, along with the regular flu. But the main thing is to just keep hands washed and watch for any signs of sickness.
ReplyDeleteI too think there is a lot of media hype. It is on my mind though since I have young kids, including a newborn. There have been a LOT of outbreaks where I live. A pregnant lady had it and was in the ICU of the hospital I delivered at while I was there. She pulled through, but lost the baby :(
ReplyDelete